The One - $500 Million Dollar House

I just saw this in the news - sounds like he's defaulting on some of the loans - so you may be able to get it at a bargain price in the near future.

This is a hotel,not a house.

He's like the Fyre Fest of Real Estate.  

This is a good reaction to the tour videos:

It seems to be trying so hard to find meaning and enjoyment in being very wealthy and very self-absorbed that it made me feel even more content to remain not-wealthy (and probably moderately self-absorbed).

seems pretty pricey to me.

I think that's the point.

“A hundred and five thousand square feet.”

That seemed like an unnecessary emphasis.

I was wondering what Russ Hanneman had been up to since Silicon Valley ended.

Never count out Big Head.

DaveSchmidt said:

“A hundred and five thousand square feet.”

That seemed like an unnecessary emphasis.

those numbers kind of fly past people.  I think of it as 40 typical Maplewood homes.  Or maybe as your entire neighborhood.  Times two.

And even those 40 typical Maplewood homes are something-or-other thousand square feet.

DaveSchmidt said:

And even those 40 typical Maplewood homes are something-or-other thousand square feet.

to be fair to the writer, most regular people would refer to their homes as twenty-five hundred square feet and not two thousand five hundred.  OTOH, maybe an emphasis on a hundred and five thousand with an exclamation point or two would get the point across about how massive that is grin

Video host: A hundred and five thousand!

Video director: Fantastic. Really, really good. Now try it again with a second exclamation point.

Sorry.  Not interested.  I'll only consider it if it has a licenced helipad, not a helicopter decked out as a bar!

This one is larger then "The One" - but looks like it's more commercial - hotel, weddings, etc.  On Long Island - you can also take a tour of it.

https://www.oheka.com/photo-gallery.htm

My cousin got married years ago at Oheka. They let her choose the entire menu. It was originally built as a residence for Otto Kahn. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I had heard he had the golf course built because he wasn't allowed to golf at the top country clubs. Oheka Castle is much nicer to me than that $500 million albatross, but that's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of the all marble look. 

ml1 said:

those numbers kind of fly past people.  I think of it as 40 typical Maplewood homes.  Or maybe as your entire neighborhood.  Times two.

It's over a hundred times larger than my house.

jamie said:

He's like the Fyre Fest of Real Estate.  

This is a good reaction to the tour videos:

That guy is nuts.

I couldn't even watch the videos. Ugh!

KarenMarlowe said:

I couldn't even watch the videos. Ugh!

Good, I'm not alone. I made it through 10 minutes. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!