The 2020 VMA Awards

Boy, do I feel like an old fart.

Are music videos still relevant?

dunno but they sure put on a helluva production for it, and a lot of big stars showed up. (I assume they were big stars. I only recognized a handful of names.) So I guess so.

The production was pretty impressive actually. Hard for me to to tell what was CGI and what was not. The dancers wore masks, as did many of the performers when accepting awards.

A friend gave me a stack of People magazines, and I’m going to say I knew who less than half of the “celebrities” written about were. At first it made me feel ancient, but about 40 seconds later, I realized I actually didn’t care. 

annielou said:

Irrelevant in 2020

yeah, no.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cheriehu/2019/01/11/music-video-tech-business-transform-2019/#5d6fc0bd91da

“Even though there’s nothing like MTV now, videos today are more important than ever, because everyone’s holding a smartphone," Dre London, manager of Post Malone and founder of London Entertainment, told me. “Most people worldwide immediately go to YouTube as soon as they hear a song they like. Videos get to show artists in a different light from a live show. And you have to capture it right, or else you end up having
the wrong look out on the internet forever.”

yahooyahoo said:

Are music videos still relevant?

I think a lot of people get music through YouTube. 

Idk.Never liked them except for a few that were really well done. In all, I believe videos have traditionally replaced the listeners private imagery with someone else’s.

Sorta like books and movies I guess. 

Or live concerts?

The whole visual thing is overrated.

drummerboy said:

Lemme tell ya, those guys ain't dumb.

drummerboy said:

Sorta like books and movies I guess. 

Or live concerts?

Yer stretching it

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.