Superbowl predictions 2022

Bengals 28 - Rams 17

dave said:

Bengals +3 in OT

push

I just want to watch these two exciting teams duel and hope that winning on the last score continues!

bengals 30  rams  27

Back when we were in Boston it was funny and sad to read the Providence paper's account of how players the Red Sox no longer had were doing. The whole "Geez, why can't the Red Sox get guys like him?" routine.

I don't know how it will work out but I hope it is a shootout and Matt Stafford has a great game. Win or lose, it will be good to know that Detroit fans are watching the guy they could have built something great around play in the Super Bowl for another team.

Rams 41 - Bengals 39 with either the Rams kicking the winning field goal or Cincy missing it.

I predict that the Bills will win.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

steel said:

I predict that the Bills will win.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Their new area code was going to be 044 back in the '90s. Growing up in Syracuse it was painful.

I need to know what the weather’s going to be first.

DaveSchmidt said:

I need to know what the weather’s going to be first.

wicked hot

both teams have very good defenses, so I'd consider betting the under, which last I looked was 48.5 points.  Other than that, I predict the game will be quite long, and the halftime show, even if it's good, will seem longer than the entire first half of the game.

I predict that a bunch of privileged white dudes will end up making a ton of money while several men sacrifice their health and bodies on the field. 

And that Colin Kaepernick still won’t have an NFL job next year. 

Bengals 42 Rams 17

Woohoooo!  Game of attrition. 

Can’t change the way you officiate the game in the last 2 minutes. A bunch of ticky-tack calls there.

jimmurphy said:

Can’t change the way you officiate the game in the last 2 minutes. A bunch of ticky-tack calls there.

In all fairness, they missed a key face mask that hurt the Rams. 

jeffl said:

Yes, they were letting them play, until they weren’t.

jimmurphy said:

jeffl said:

Yes, they were letting them play, until they weren’t.

Missing a face mask isn’t letting them play.  It’s not seeing an obvious penalty. 

I agree that was a bad call. But I’ve never been a fan of makeup calls, if that’s what those were at the end.

Congrats to you regardless. I’m sure you fandom goes back to St. Louis  days.

My Dad was an LA Rams fan before they moved, but when I don’t have a rooting interest, I go for the underdog.

Close game.  Oots and I win.    blank stare

I give credit to the Rams for not folding when they gave up the touchdown, the pic and the field goal in short succession coming out of halftime. Then they lost Beckham and Kupp no longer had a partner Cinci had to key on. Stafford and Burrow both had leg injury scares. Stafford and Kupp worked some magic at the end of those 17 straight plays inside the 20 for that last touchdown. Okay, maybe not 17. 11 for sure though.

People were thinking the Rams scored too soon and left Cinci with enough time, but unlike the Bucs, the Rams' defense made it stick.

jimmurphy said:

I agree that was a bad call. But I’ve never been a fan of makeup calls, if that’s what those were at the end.

Congrats to you regardless. I’m sure you fandom goes back to St. Louis  days.

My Dad was an LA Rams fan before they moved, but when I don’t have a rooting interest, I go for the underdog.

I’ve been a fan since the days of Roman Gabriel!   I liked their helmets when I was a kid and it stuck.  

Any team but the Rams and I would have been all aboard the Cincy bandwagon. Great team.  Great QB.  Great story.  They’ll be back.  The Rams put it all on this season.  They won’t have a draft pick for several years!

I was right about betting the under grin

I was mildly pro_Cinci until the missed call.  That's a 7 point missed call.  Also, I always liked Stafford so I'm happy for him.  

I was rooting for Cincy, but I liked seeing Stafford win. And I could pretend to play a guitar much better than the guys during the halftime show were pretending.

I predict Rams by 3 and take the over

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!