Is DeSantis worse than trump?

Jaytee said:

This guy is bad news, cruel and inhumane Bruto.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ron-desantis-guantanamo-torture-prisoner-b2300753.html

the sad truth is that to a lot of GOP primary voters that might be something they like about DeSantis 

ml1 said:

Remember this?

yes, they’re all on the same page. Seems like they would even Water board the Democrats if they could.

drummerboy said:

By all accounts, Trump has horrible social skills and his minions love it.

DeSantis trying to be trumpier than trumpenstein is going to hurt his image. He might not even bother to run if his polling numbers stay in the 20’s. I hope he runs and gives up the governorship of Florida. The man is just a sleaze.

Is poison oak worse than poison ivy?  Is vomiting worse than diarrhea? Is the firing squad worse than the guillotine? 

285 posts in and I think this question is unanswerable. 

This is kind of hilarious:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/03/30/desantis-disney-world-board-loophole/

Disney is a gigantic corporation, so I don't have a lot of natural sympathy for them. But rule of law is important, and Florida using the power of the state to punish political enemies is a flagrant and dangerous abuse of government that undermines the rule of law, so I'm happy to see Disney poking sticks in DeSantis' eye.

PVW said:

This is kind of hilarious:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/03/30/desantis-disney-world-board-loophole/

Disney is a gigantic corporation, so I don't have a lot of natural sympathy for them. But rule of law is important, and Florida using the power of the state to punish political enemies is a flagrant and dangerous abuse of government that undermines the rule of law, so I'm happy to see Disney poking sticks in DeSantis' eye.

It was nice to have something to laugh at today (things have been a little grim recently).  Thanks!

nohero said:

everyone knows that you don't mess with Disney lawyers 

ml1 said:

nohero said:

everyone knows that you don't mess with Disney lawyers 

They make the Pirates of the Caribbean look like the "It's A Small World" kids.

DaveSchmidt said:

Woke.

Florida Apologizes After 4:45 A.M. Emergency Alert Test (NYT gift link)

Of course they should have apologized for waking people up.  Florida people are proudly unwoke.

[Edited to add] Unless they're changing the slogan to "Florida, Where Unwoke Goes to Die".

nohero said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Woke.

Of course they should have apologized for waking people up.  Florida people are proudly unwoke.

[Edited to add] Unless they're changing the slogan to "Florida, Where Unwoke Goes to Die".

I thought FL was where everyone went to die

DaveSchmidt said:

Woke.

I am in Florida and even with my NJ number got the alert. Annoying yet comforting that if there were an emergency I would have known.

wendyn said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Woke.

I am in Florida and even with my NJ number got the alert. Annoying yet comforting that if there were an emergency I would have known.

same here, woke me up!!

ml1 said:

I thought FL was where everyone went to die

yeah…it’s God’s waiting room.

DeSantis thinks he’s going to beat Biden in the election next year. He says trump can’t win. If what he’s doing in Florida is any indication of what he wants for America, then he’s delusional about what this country wants. He’s going to cripple the economy in Florida, virtually every construction site is empty, crops are being destroyed and hotels are short staffed. When will these so called “conservatives” accept the reality that they won’t pack up their pick up trucks and head down to Florida for all the jobs that are available? They just love to talk trash about immigrants taking jobs away from them, but they won’t actually do the work. They want indentured servants, preferably poor European people, you know, the type of people who flocked to America after the war, or after the famine, not all these indigenous peoples, who really are not even qualified to be servants. 
It’s because of this “invasion” mentality that they’re arming themselves to the teeth, to fight off the “red skins” …again. All this talk about “taking back our country” is directly linked to the race war they are waging. It’s to the point where they expect this armed conflict to take place within the next couple of years. 
I hate to say this, but I am seriously thinking of leaving this country. 

wendyn said:

Florida is an emergency, isn't it?  If I was someplace and I was told it was about to become Florida, I would grab my go bag and flee.

Apparently he is worse than trump, he unlawfully transferred more than $80 million from a state political action committee to a super PAC supporting his White House bid. He’s another one who might end up being indicted during his campaign for president. The grand ole potty of flaw and disorder …

Jaytee said:

Apparently he is worse than trump, he unlawfully transferred more than $80 million from a state political action committee to a super PAC supporting his White House bid. He’s another one who might end up being indicted during his campaign for president. The grand ole potty of flaw and disorder …

In my opinion Desantis is a cruel, self-righteous, hypocritical, and calculatedly abusive person.  He is convinced that his view of the world is the only acceptable one and is unapologetic and arrogant about imposing it on everyone. He will do whatever he can to punish anyone who opposes him or to vilify anyone whom he can for political advantage.  I never thought I'd say these words but he is someone who is far worse than Trump.

DeSantis says U.S. should not accept refugees from Gaza (WaPo)

There's no easy answers in most international issues, but it seems you can always count on Republicans to find the wrong ones.

I agree with DeSantis. How are we going to know who is not affiliated with Hamas or whatever other terror network? Like we need more refugees? Where should we put them? Really!

You can say that about anyone fleeing a country that has violent, hateful groups -- in other words, anyone. How do we know people from Italy don't have connections to violent organized crime? That people from northern South America don't have connections to violent drug traffickers? That people from northern Europe don't have connections to far right neo-fascist movements?

And what of children, who are too young to be "affiliated" with anyone -- is DeSantis worried about potential future actions? In that case, why stop with people born abroad -- the biggest source of violence and greatest danger to our government is native-born white men. Maybe we need to do something to keep that population in check? What if one of them, for instance, becomes governor of Florida and runs for president? Or builds an empire of real estate grift, becomes president, and tries to overthrow the constitution?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!