Spring 2020 Rake out?

Quarantine brain must be happening: I thought for sure I saw a schedule for the annual spring rake out by zone, but cannot find it not.  Please help?

Since when do they work on Sunday? I am section 5 and it says May 17 which is a Sunday. Can this be right?

Received the printed Rake Out Schedule in the mail so that confirmed the date as May 17. Today is the 17th but no pickup so far. Decided to check the town website which I had done a short time ago. Guess what? The date is now May 15 and there are no other pick-ups. Will call public works on Monday. I can survive this but some people have a lot of garden debris out there.

Weird. The rake-out schedule online that says the 17th for section (5) is from 2019 (not sure why that page would still be on the township website). 

https://www.twp.maplewood.nj.us/public-works-division/pages/2020-spring-rake-out-schedule

Here's a link to 2020 schedule on Township website.  Last day was the 16th.

If you live in Maplewood you would have received a printed schedule in the mail. We all received it and we have our garden debris out for today’s date.

They changed the schedule. Ours was 5/16 and I double checked the website yesterday. Today it is saying 5/18. 

Texas said:

They changed the schedule. Ours was 5/16 and I double checked the website yesterday. Today it is saying 5/18. 

Website says last day was yesterday.

galileo said:

If you live in Maplewood you would have received a printed schedule in the mail. We all received it and we have our garden debris out for today’s date.

Galileo, I confess I'm curious as to whether the town picked up for you on other dates from your printed schedule (?) Is it possible that whoever was responsible for the printed version used the wrong year? (see below). 

I ask because the online version for "Zone" (5) for the year 2019 has the following dates: 4/12/2019   4/23/2019   5/01/2019   5/09/2019   5/17/2019

vs 

The online schedule for "Section" (5) for 2020 has the following dates: 4/13/2020   4/21/2020   4/29/2020.  5/07/2020.  5/15/2020

In other words, ALL the dates are different between the two online versions.

Personally I don't know why they keep past years schedules on the website for anything (leads to confusion).

Note: They also renamed the different parts of town "Zones" 2019 vs "Sections" 2020 (for some reason).

Steel - All the other pickup dates were correct , no problem. It’s not just me,it’s all of district 5. The schedule was mailed to every homeowner. Today’s date is on the schedule.

Schedules can contain errors.  Best to call DPW this morning and ask if/when they would be willing to do a final pick-up or those who followed the date printed in the schedule and had their rakings out yesterday.

I called the DPW. They apologized and said they have been very busy. Leave out your garden debris. It will be picked up either today or tomorrow. 

Somehow this all reminds me of that old joke, -"I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong".

galileo said:

I called the DPW. They apologized and said they have been very busy. Leave out your garden debris. It will be picked up either today or tomorrow. 

Good!  I am glad they are making good on the schedule error.

They were here a short time ago and our street is back to normal. I’m sure the garden debris on other streets in district 5 have also been picked up. Thank you DPW.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.