SOMa Comic Book Chat

Happy Halloween!  I’d like to read a webcomic for our next chat. Any recommendations?

Was MAD considered a comic book?

-s.

soda said:

Was MAD considered a comic book?

-s.

I alway thought of it as a really cool magazine...

Hadn’t really thought it as one.  Might be hard to find an issue for us all to read.

Scully said:

I alway thought of it as a really cool magazine...

For December 10th, let’s read Lavender Jack, the online webcomic.  Save the date!

Happy holidays!  Please join us next week on the 10th at 8 p.m. to chat about webcomics and Lavender Jack (first episodes.) PM me for Zoom details.

After months of trying, I finally managed to get the first two volumes of the latest reissue of perhaps the finest comic book story arc of all time, "Trigan Empire". Anybody else aware of this ? every panel hand-painted. It began in the UK's most expensive multi-tale comic  of that time, "Ranger". Unlike many things which I loved as a kid, the fascination of this one remains. If anything, I'm even more impressed than I was back then. ( although me-today keeps seeing plot-holes which me-then didn't.)

jonesey said:

After months of trying, I finally managed to get the first two volumes of the latest reissue of perhaps the finest comic book story arc of all time, "Trigan Empire". Anybody else aware of this ? every panel hand-painted. It began in the UK's most expensive multi-tale comic  of that time, "Ranger". Unlike many things which I loved as a kid, the fascination of this one remains. If anything, I'm even more impressed than I was back then. ( although me-today keeps seeing plot-holes which me-then didn't.)

Cool.

See you tomorrow to talk about webcomics and Lavender Jack at 8 p.m.  Please join us and pm me for the Zoom room.

I totally spaced. Tonight is Hanukkah. Happy Hanukkah! Is anyone able or wanting to come Zoom?

Thanks for joining us!  Happy New Year and holidays!

Hi!  Hope to see you in a week.  Marvel has free comics on its website.  Please take a peek, and let’s chat about them.  Also, what you might be watching in the Marvel Universe.  Happy 2021!

https://www.marvel.com/comics/list/623/get_started_with_free_issues

Happy 2021!  Stop by this Thursday at 8 p.m.  PM me for the Zoom details.  We’re also located on Facebook and Messenger.  Yay Marvel!

See you this evening at 8 p.m.!

Thanks for coming!  Please send recommendations to read.

Please save the date of February 18th for Templar by Jordan Mechner.

Hi! I’ve finished Templar. Would someone like to pick it up? I may have two copies.  We’ll Zoom on the 18th of February at 8 p.m.

See you next Thursday! I’ve another copy from the South Orange Library if someone wants to borrow it.

See you tonight at 8 p.m.  PM me for the Zoom information.  Please join us, book read or not!

Thanks for Zooming tonight!  Looked back in Maplewoodonline, and it seems we haven’t read The Umbrella Academy, vol. 1. Let’s do so for March 18th if you’re free.

See you this Thursday for The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite at 8 p.m.  PM me for the Zoom info.

See you tomorrow for The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite!  Please join in, book read or not.

Thanks for coming! The next book will be The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act by Gillen and Mckelvie for April 22nd.  Feel free to join us.  PM me for the Zoom info.

Hi! We’re meeting next Thursday the 22nd at 8. I think still Zooming as I got my second shot on Saturday. So I have wait 2 weeks, right?  The book is The Wicked + The Divine, The Faust Act.  Please join us!  PM me for Zoom details.

Hi! We’re meeting tonight at 8 p.m. Please join us book read or not. See you then ish!  PM me for the Zoom details.

Thanks for coming! May’s book will be Paper Girls, Book One, by Vaughan. June’s book will be The Walking Dead, Compendium Vol. 1 by Kirkman. It’s a large collection so order both now perhaps.

When is a good time to meet? May 13th too soon? Maybe the 21st?

Let’s meet on the 20th?

Please join us on the 20th for Paper Girls, vol. 1, at 8 p.m.  Message me for the Zoom info.

Hope you will join us, book read or not, this Thursday at 8.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.