SaveMillburn.com

What happened at last night's meeting at Hartshorn?

also very interested to know--did anyone attend?

http://millburn.patch.com/articles/zoning-board-opens-chai-center-hearing

thanks. completely ridiculous that this is taking so long. wish they would just make a decision already and stop spending time and money on process.

This is a fairly typical time frame for contentious developments. The board only meets a couple of times a month and it is easy for something to get bumped from an agenda.

I expect that the earliest that the board will be in a position to issue a ruling would be June and it is very possible that the whole matter will stretch in to the fall. And then there is the inevitable court challenge brought be which ever side loses. This will likely not be finally settled until 2012.

Since there are strongly held views on both side there is no lral alternative to a lengthy process.

Posted By: gchrvfor the 'other side' of the story you can visit: www.shorthillsshul.org it gives the Chai Center and Rabbi Bogomilsky's perspective on this issue as well as many legal documents.
who is behind the 'other side' of the story's website?

Posted By: elliealso very interested to know--did anyone attend?
according to patch about two hundred people attended. it was interesting to note not everyone living in the neighborhood is against the shul.

Surprised I never heard about this, but I see it was on MOL. A resolution it appears:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/08/1949_agreement_will_stop_development_of_jewish_cen.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home_pop

Does seem like a fatal blow.  Can't see the NJ Supreme Court taking it. Property is on the market.  

Also how many Chabad shuls does the area need? A competing Rabbi is going to build one at the Tutor Time site in Livingston and there is very wide support for that one. 

Wow. This hasn't gotten much play in the community. Before reading this update, I wasn't even sure where this issue stood.

broigus said:

Does seem like a fatal blow.  Can't see the NJ Supreme Court taking it. Property is on the market.  

Also how many Chabad shuls does the area need? A competing Rabbi is going to build one at the Tutor Time site in Livingston and there is very wide support for that one. 

Just one, but it has to be within walking distance on shabbat

Actually the Chabad shuls attract and welcomes a mostly a non-Orthodox crowd since there is not membership fee and bar mitzvah lessons are given for free as well (but bat mitzvah are out of luck).

I have to say, I'm relieved about this decision. I had visions of Lawrence and Cedarhurst. I have no issue with the Chabad that is opening on South Orange Avenue in the old Don's/Tutor Time site.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.