Rush - 2015 tour (NJ and NYC in June)

Can't believe that they've been together for almost 40 years! New album out in June:

http://www.rush.com/

(love that the clock ends being set to 21:12 blank stare )

I should get it, and play it loudly all day, I'm sure the wife will live me.

Love me- damn iPhone.

The end of the trailer sounds like a section of Bastille Day. Listen starting around :16.

Monster said:

Love me- damn iPhone.

I was worried it was "leave me."

Looking forward. Thinking I'll break out Hold Your Fire after the Knick game.

composerjohn said:

The end of the trailer sounds like a section of Bastille Day. Listen starting around :16.

I thought that as well. Great stuff!

Train_of_Thought said:

Looking forward. Thinking I'll break out Hold Your Fire after the Knick game.

I keep hoping that "Prime Mover" will someday find its way back to the setlist.

Speaking of setlists, a few strange rumors for the upcoming tour: 1) They'll be performing "Signals" in its entirety, and 2) They may be playing with a string section!

Red_Barchetta said:

grin

Why is this not surprising? :-D

(Signals in its entirety would be awesome.)

Signals. Analog Kid. Oh yes.

ctrzaska said:

Red_Barchetta said:

grin

Why is this not surprising? :-D

(Signals in its entirety would be awesome.)

While I may not be available to afford it, and it would be hard to top the last tour experience, the whole guys night out thing, but what the hell, lets do it.

Count me in.

Here's a leaked copy of the potential tourbook design that led to the speculation. That and Signals turns 30 years old this year, so it would be an anniversary performance as they did with Moving Pictures last time around.

If Rush is releasing a new album then the apocalypse really must be upon us.

Train_of_Thought said:

I think Analog Kid was performed during the last tour. I'd love to hear Countdown. In middle school I used to play the keyboard solo while listening to the song with headphones. Haha.

I've always said that the R-30 Overture was one of the greatest concert openings I've ever seen.

composerjohn said:

Train_of_Thought said:

I think Analog Kid was performed during the last tour. I'd love to hear Countdown. In middle school I used to play the keyboard solo while listening to the song with headphones. Haha.

Cool! I'd love to hear The Weapon again, especially if they could bring back Count Floyd.

cuethesun said:

I've always said that the R-30 Overture was one of the greatest concert openings I've ever seen.

Agreed. I saw the R30 tour at Radio City. Jerry Stiller's dream with the album artwork coming to life, then kicking off with the medley while a montage of archival photographs played on the screens...my face hurt from grinning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGm-qV4FMk

And yet they're much funnier off-stage.

project37 said:

composerjohn said:

Train_of_Thought said:

Cool! I'd love to hear The Weapon again, especially if they could bring back Count Floyd.

cuethesun said:

Agreed. I saw the R30 tour at Radio City. Jerry Stiller's dream with the album artwork coming to life, then kicking off with the medley while a montage of archival photographs played on the screens...my face hurt from grinning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGm-qV4FMk

This is one of the big reasons I LOVE me the Paul Reed Smith's. I'm in when they come around again. I think I was 15 the first time I saw them live.

Tour dates leaked?

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/04/17/3068/Rush-2012-Clockwork-Angels-tour-dates-leaked

Sept 7: Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena
Sept 9: Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Sept 11: Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
Sept 13: Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Center
Sept 15: Chicago, IL - United Center
Sept 18: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
Sept 20: Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
Sept 22: St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
Sept 24: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Sept 26: Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
Sept 28: Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Sept 30: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Oct 10: Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena
Oct 12: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Oct 14: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Center
Oct 18: Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Oct 20: Newark, NJ - Prudential Center blank stare
Oct 22: Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
Oct 24: Boston, MA - TD Garden
Oct 26: Buffalo, NY - First Niagra Center
Oct 28: Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct 30: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
Nov 1: Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Ampitheater
Nov 3: Tampa, FL - 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater
Nov 13: Seattle, WA - Key Arena
Nov 15: San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion
Nov 17: Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
Nov 18: Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Ampitheater
Nov 23: Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
Nov 25: Phoeniz, AZ - US Airways Center
Nov 28: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Nov 30: San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Dec 2: Houston, TX - Toyota Center

"1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater"........this can't be real.

SEE YOU ALL IN NEWARK!

buzzsaw said:

"1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater"........this can't be real.

Of course it is, just ask Gary.

Maybe they'll change it to ASK-GEDDY...

Anyway, here's the new song "Headlong Flight" - crank and inhale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN3fySNvz78

The solo is By-Tor and the Snowdog-ish.

Anyone ever read any of Neil Peart's books? Just finished "Ghost Rider" not long ago and thought it was great. Not the happiest subject matter, but having been through a similar event in my life, I could relate.

Tickets for Newark on sale next week:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004889CD2C804F?artistid=807344&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Hat_Trick said:

Anyone ever read any of Neil Peart's books? Just finished "Ghost Rider" not long ago and thought it was great. Not the happiest subject matter, but having been through a similar event in my life, I could relate.

I read "The Masked Rider" and really enjoyed it as an adventure story. I'd love to do a cycling tour like that someday. As much as my heart breaks for anyone that went through what he did, I didn't love "Ghost Rider" as much. He just came off as very angry and detached in that book (which is of course completely understandable), and I didn't really get into the whole side bar about his friend Brutus and the legal trouble he was in. I wanted to connect with it, but the level of detail and his cold tone felt a little tedious at times. I think that a good editor could have helped bring his ideas into focus. That said, I enjoy the articles he writes for each album and I love his drum DVDs where he breaks down the mechanics and thought process behind his various fills and elaborate drum solos. I've got a few of them and throw them on every so often. He can be really dry as a speaker, but his ideas are interesting, his dedication is inspiring, and I always enjoy watching him work.

I'll be going. Oh yes. Definitely.

project37 said:

As much as my heart breaks for anyone that went through what he did, I didn't love "Ghost Rider" as much. He just came off as very angry and detached in that book (which is of course completely understandable), and I didn't really get into the whole side bar about his friend Brutus and the legal trouble he was in. I wanted to connect with it, but the level of detail and his cold tone felt a little tedious at times.

I guess I connected better because it was familiar territory and a lot of what he put in words were things I hadn't heard expressed before. I can see how as a casual read it wouldn't work for most people.

I get that and am sorry to know that it was familiar territory for you. Glad to know that you were able to find some meaning in the book.

Have you read any of his others?

In the meantime, an official video with cool use of archival footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFGrWjOX0E

I love Neil, but have a hard time connecting with his books.
His anger didn't go with the "Neil" I had in my head.
Which....I think is why he is angry at the general populous.

Traveling music was my favorite of the bunch.
I did get a signed copy of Far and Away!

OK, so I'm a fanboy.

This new song sounds very late 70's rush.

I came in to Rush at the Signals phase.....
But I'm ok w/ all Rush phases.
So. Yes, I like this tune.

Dream Theater playing PNC in July with a re-working of King Crimson. Oh how I wish Rush and DT would've teamed up.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.