Poll: Best Representation of MOL

Poll: which image best represents MOL?

1) Because someone needs to pull the plug

2) Because it jumped the shark many years ago

3) Because it was fun a long time ago, but now it's just sad

4) Because it got its **** kicked by Facebook


michaelgoldberg said:

Poll: which image best represents MOL?

1) Because someone needs to pull the plug

2) Because it jumped the shark many years ago

3) Because it was fun a long time ago, but now it's just sad

4) Because it got its **** kicked by Facebook

I'm more interested in what images people think represent you. 


did the hijabgate thread get the boot?

why?


Plenty of gold on the site, and the sifting couldn’t be easier.


drummerboy said:

did the hijabgate thread get the boot?

why?

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 


ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?


DaveSchmidt said:

Plenty of gold on the site, and the sifting couldn’t be easier.

a lot of people won’t recognize a nugget if they found it…Rosscoin on the other hand…


Jaytee said:

a lot of people won’t recognize a nugget if they found it…Rosscoin on the other hand…

I'm waiting for the NFT with Dave Ross's face. 


michaelgoldberg said:

Poll: which image best represents MOL?

1) Because someone needs to pull the plug

2) Because it jumped the shark many years ago

3) Because it was fun a long time ago, but now it's just sad

4) Because it got its **** kicked by Facebook

Thanks Michael - nice to have you back!


nohero said:

ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?

it’s being discussed on the Facebook. 


Redfruit said:

nohero said:

ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?

it’s being discussed on the Facebook. 

Yes, I know (in the schools group, not in the general SOMA Lounge right now).  But apparently just being on the Facebook isn't as good as being on MOL (at least as I understand the purpose of this thread).


nohero said:

Redfruit said:

nohero said:

ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?

it’s being discussed on the Facebook. 

Yes, I know (in the schools group, not in the general SOMA Lounge right now).  But apparently just being on the Facebook isn't as good as being on MOL (at least as I understand the purpose of this thread).

Someone suing the schools is a school issue, Mark. It’s also in Soma Talks, which is a FB group that allows free discussion of various topics without heavy handed censorship. Thanks for playing. 


nohero said:

Redfruit said:

nohero said:

ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?

it’s being discussed on the Facebook. 

Yes, I know (in the schools group, not in the general SOMA Lounge right now).  But apparently just being on the Facebook isn't as good as being on MOL (at least as I understand the purpose of this thread).

i think Mike was hoping for a little more traction here as opposed to FB where woke culture (I hate using this term but it works in this case) is the automatic fallback when issues involving race are discussed. Being that she’s a black woman and the teacher white, the teacher was originally tarred and feathered before she even had a chance to defend herself. All because of a Disingenuous mother and a disingenuous Olympic fencer. Local FB groups tend to bend in that direction so the posters can show others how “good they are” even without facts.  I think Mike was hoping for a realistic conversation here about the horrific lies and the antisemitic posts that continue to target the teacher. Ultimately, MOL chose not to get that involved with the issue  which Jamie certainly has a right to do.   


Redfruit said:

I think Mike was hoping for a realistic conversation here about the horrific lies and the antisemitic posts that continue to target the teacher.

Until it was shut down, he got one. MOL is famous from here to Australia for its realistic conversations.


Redfruit said:

i think Mike was hoping for a little more traction here as opposed to FB where woke culture (I hate using this term but it works in this case) is the automatic fallback when issues involving race are discussed. Being that she’s a black woman and the teacher white, the teacher was originally tarred and feathered before she even had a chance to defend herself. All because of a Disingenuous mother and a disingenuous Olympic fencer. Local FB groups tend to bend in that direction so the posters can show others how “good they are” even without facts.  I think Mike was hoping for a realistic conversation here about the horrific lies and the antisemitic posts that continue to target the teacher. Ultimately, MOL chose not to get that involved with the issue  which Jamie certainly has a right to do.   

Remember to lawsuit that nearly put an end to MOL?


DaveSchmidt said:

Redfruit said:

I think Mike was hoping for a realistic conversation here about the horrific lies and the antisemitic posts that continue to target the teacher.

Until it was shut down, he got one. MOL is famous from here to Australia for its realistic conversations.

Yes which is why Mike I’m sure is surprised that this topic was killed. He assumed this would be a good forum for an honest discussion since “being woke” isn’t that important to a majority of the posters here who like myself are a little older than the average millennial wokester. 


joan_crystal said:

Redfruit said:

i think Mike was hoping for a little more traction here as opposed to FB where woke culture (I hate using this term but it works in this case) is the automatic fallback when issues involving race are discussed. Being that she’s a black woman and the teacher white, the teacher was originally tarred and feathered before she even had a chance to defend herself. All because of a Disingenuous mother and a disingenuous Olympic fencer. Local FB groups tend to bend in that direction so the posters can show others how “good they are” even without facts.  I think Mike was hoping for a realistic conversation here about the horrific lies and the antisemitic posts that continue to target the teacher. Ultimately, MOL chose not to get that involved with the issue  which Jamie certainly has a right to do.   

Remember to lawsuit that nearly put an end to MOL?

i doubt that has anything to do with Jamie’s decision to kill the thread.  I Think he just didn’t like where it was going. 


Redfruit said:

Yes which is why Mike I’m sure is surprised that this topic was killed.

Then, in light of his failure to give realistic conversation as good as he got, for once I’m not the most oblivious person in the room.


DaveSchmidt said:

Redfruit said:

Yes which is why Mike I’m sure is surprised that this topic was killed.

Then, in light of his failure to give realistic conversation as good as he got, for once I’m not the most oblivious person in the room.

mike showed financial motive for what he feels is a nonsensical lawsuit. Again, I’m sure Jamie’s  decision to kill the thread had less to do with Mike’s argument and more to do with a topic he didn’t want discussed on his site. 


might have had something to do with the posting of an address and phone number.  some people don't care to host that kind of thing on their site.


michaelgoldberg said:

nohero said:

Redfruit said:

nohero said:

ml1 said:

Why not?

If people want to be ****, they can go to FB or Nextdoor. 

Instead of comparing MOL to the Facebook, he could just put the original discussion on the SOMA Lounge, right?

it’s being discussed on the Facebook. 

Yes, I know (in the schools group, not in the general SOMA Lounge right now).  But apparently just being on the Facebook isn't as good as being on MOL (at least as I understand the purpose of this thread).

Someone suing the schools is a school issue, Mark. It’s also in Soma Talks, which is a FB group that allows free discussion of various topics without heavy handed censorship. Thanks for playing. 

and not for nothing, but using IRL names is generally frowned upon on this site as well.


Redfruit said:

Again, I’m sure Jamie’s decision to kill the thread had less to do with Mike’s argument and more to do with a topic he didn’t want discussed on his site.

Same topic, 293 comments, still open:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/seth-boyden-teacher-accused-of-removing-student-s-hijab-during-class?page=next&limit=270#discussion-replies-3559912

This Humor thread is starting to make up for its opening act.


DaveSchmidt said:

Redfruit said:

Again, I’m sure Jamie’s decision to kill the thread had less to do with Mike’s argument and more to do with a topic he didn’t want discussed on his site.

Same topic, 293 comments, still open:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/seth-boyden-teacher-accused-of-removing-student-s-hijab-during-class?page=next&limit=270#discussion-replies-3559912

This Humor thread is starting to make up for its opening act.

that thread isn’t discussing her Nonpayment issue which I assume  is the issue Jamie does not want discussed. 


Redfruit said:

that thread isn’t discussing her Nonpayment issue which I assume  is the issue Jamie does not want discussed. 

Thanks for clarifying. I’m back where I belong in the room.


Well, it turns out that a lawsuit hasn’t actually been filed by the mother - yet. Perhaps she is hoping the District will just cut her a big check simply on the threat of a lawsuit.


https://www.tapinto.net/towns/soma/sections/education/articles/lawsuit-in-hijab-case-coming-but-not-yet-filed


DaveSchmidt said:

Redfruit said:

Again, I’m sure Jamie’s decision to kill the thread had less to do with Mike’s argument and more to do with a topic he didn’t want discussed on his site.

Same topic, 293 comments, still open:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/seth-boyden-teacher-accused-of-removing-student-s-hijab-during-class?page=next&limit=270#discussion-replies-3559912

This Humor thread is starting to make up for its opening act.

until you mentioned it, I hadn't realized the author of this thread posted it under "Humor."  I guess the fact that it isn't particularly funny was what threw me off.  I always figure if you have to label something as humor, maybe it isn't as funny as you think.  This seems like a pretty good example of that.


michaelgoldberg said:

Well, it turns out that a lawsuit hasn’t actually been filed by the mother - yet. Perhaps she is hoping the District will just cut her a big check simply on the threat of a lawsuit.


https://www.tapinto.net/towns/soma/sections/education/articles/lawsuit-in-hijab-case-coming-but-not-yet-filed

maybe she's taking her time so that people like yourself can stay riled up even longer.


ml1 said:

until you mentioned it, I hadn't realized the author of this thread posted it under "Humor."  I guess the fact that it isn't particularly funny was what threw me off.  I always figure if you have to label something as humor, maybe it isn't as funny as you think.  This seems like a pretty good example of that.

A "humor" thread does need a little humor. 

ml1 said:

michaelgoldberg said:

Well, it turns out that a lawsuit hasn’t actually been filed by the mother - yet. Perhaps she is hoping the District will just cut her a big check simply on the threat of a lawsuit.


https://www.tapinto.net/towns/soma/sections/education/articles/lawsuit-in-hijab-case-coming-but-not-yet-filed

maybe she's taking her time so that people like yourself can stay riled up even longer.

That's more like it!


What’s funny is that the two of you are so obsessed that you changed the topic on this thread from MOL jumping the shark and keep bumping the shakedown. 


In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business