NY Giants

yahooyahoo said:

Totally agree about the 4th quarter and Jones. They should have been feeding the ball to Barkley. Jones was exposed on several of the runs and could have been injured easily.

That said, it was probably Jones's best game as a Giant.  I could see signing him to a short-term deal (2 years) and drafting another QB. It's going to depend on the free-agent market for QBs.  Someone may be crazy enought to pay Jones a lot more than the Giants are willing to pay.

probably his best game since his first with the Giants. I think a lot of people forget he had a storybook debut. 

Jones did a great job on Sunday.  And he is a good NFL quarterback.  But let's not rush to enshrine him in Canton just yet--I mean, this was against the Colts who have one of the worst defenses in the league this year on any given day.

mfpark said:

Jones did a great job on Sunday.  And he is a good NFL quarterback.  But let's not rush to enshrine him in Canton just yet--I mean, this was against the Colts who have one of the worst defenses in the league this year on any given day.

he's been good all year. Not top tier, but how many guys are? There are probably 5 QBs who stand out among the others. And the next tier is about 10 who are good enough to bring a team to the postseason. Jones is in the latter group. And half the teams in the league wish they had that. 

ml1 said:

he's been good all year. Not top tier, but how many guys are? There are probably 5 QBs who stand out among the others. And the next tier is about 10 who are good enough to bring a team to the postseason. Jones is in the latter group. And half the teams in the league wish they had that. 

Oh, I agree.  I just am responding to folks who are calling the talk shows saying that he is a franchise QB and should be contracted in for the next decade.  He makes mostly good decisions and is a good field general and I am hoping the Giants can ride him past the first round of playoffs this year.

I also agree with you that half or more of the teams wish they had someone like him.  The Jets are the prime example of a pretty good team that failed because they do not have a QB of at least Jones's caliber.  The QB is that important in today's NFL.  With someone like Jones the Jets never would have crashed out of the playoffs this year.

Soul_29 said:

On behalf of Jets Nation, I want to wish you all heartfelt congratulations! 

Positive an offering as it may be, claiming to speak for all of Jets Nation gets you one game and your 2023 first round draft pick. Hit the showers.

;-) 

Train_of_Thought said:

Positive an offering as it may be, claiming to speak for all of Jets Nation gets you one game and your 2023 first round draft pick. Hit the showers.

;-) 

Sounds like a Gettleman trade.

Train_of_Thought said:

Soul_29 said:

On behalf of Jets Nation, I want to wish you all heartfelt congratulations! 

;-) 

Excellent response. Suspension overturned.

Derek Carr has Jets written all over him.

BarneyGumble said:

Derek Carr has Jets written all over him.

wonderful comment on a Giants thread.....

Derek Carr
same womb as David Carr.

See how i did that.

Not too often you find a Yankees, Jets fan. 

Very incongruent.

Second team All-Pro for Andrew Thomas and Sexy Dexy. Let's go!!

The Giants quarterback looks like he might be a pretty good player. 

I thought it was really cool of Daboll to give a pep talk to Slayton after he dropped a perfect pass that would have sealed the game for them. 

That was a fun weekend of football. Go Bucs! 

jfinnegan said:

I thought it was really cool of Daboll to give a pep talk to Slayton after he dropped a perfect pass that would have sealed the game for them. 

That was a fun weekend of football. Go Bucs! 

Similarly, he went out of his way in his postgame press conference to praise Kenny Golladay, who played all of four snaps, for flattening a guy on a block. 

My friend and I were amused when Golladay came off the field after one play and looked exhausted and had the guy giving him a drink. That was some block though.

Disclosure: I just finished jury duty.

Further disclosure: The only other time I served on a jury (also in Essex County, and also during the NFL season), the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Unless the Giants somehow embarrass themselves on Saturday, losing to the top seed won't be upsetting. And if they happen to beat the Eagles, it will be incredibly sweet. 

So whatever happens this week, it probably won't be bad. 

Trivia question: In their history, the Giants have started only one game with a Black quarterback. Can you name him?

DaveSchmidt said:

Trivia question: In their history, the Giants have started only one game with a Black quarterback. Can you name him?

Didn’t realize only one, but would have to be that Geno Smith start that broke Eli's iron man streak.

Train_of_Thought said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Didn’t realize only one, but would have to be that Geno Smith start that broke Eli's iron man streak.

yup.  it has to be grin

early 3rd quarter

painful

Wow, Eagles were firing on all cylinders. Tough one. Whaddayagonnado. But good season, good direction, good to feel like a football team again.

The Giants didn't embarrass themselves. They just got beaten on both sides of the ball. A lot to look forward to next year with a good draft and more salary cap room. 

The Giants exceded expectations by winning the Minnesota game.
They were playing with house money.  It would have been fun if the game was more competitive but I did not expect the Giants to win.

Overall, positive progress and a good season.  Big questions for managment now, what to do with Barkley and Jones.

Where’s all ‘Daniel Jones is Great’ guys.

Yeah, no.  Daniel Jones ain’t great.  Never was and never will be,

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!