NFL playoffs 2022

What a playoff season.   I though the Chiefs/Bills game was perhaps the greatest NFL playoff game I've ever seen.   QBs played like gods.  Most of the games have been nailbiters.  After defeating the Bills (a terrific team) I thought the Chiefs could start making their "I'm going to Disneyworld" commercials.   I didn't think the Bengals could stand on the field with them yet the Bengals somehow won after a lousy first half.  Sports gives hope to us underdogs.  You just never know.


bub said:

What a playoff season.   I though the Chiefs/Bills game was perhaps the greatest NFL playoff game I've ever seen.   QBs played like gods.  Most of the games have been nailbiters.  After defeating the Bills (a terrific team) I thought the Chiefs could start making their "I'm going to Disneyworld" commercials.   I didn't think the Bengals could stand on the field with them yet the Bengals somehow won after a lousy first half.  Sports gives hope to us underdogs.  You just never know.

Same here. The Bills/Chiefs game was fantastic. And, yes, I, too, was surprised and a bit disappointed that the Bengals seemed to overpower the Chiefs yesterday. But a very good game. 


bub said:

I didn't think the Bengals could stand on the field with them yet the Bengals somehow won after a lousy first half.

somehow [sumhau’] (adv.) origin 1999. 1. a) in a manner promoted by former Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid’s goal-line play calling and clock management.


I thought the Jets were playing in the last quarter of that Rams/49ers game. So many mistakes by both teams. Usually the coach pays for it when he wastes two challenges and uses all his timeouts with almost the entire 4th quarter left. 


Looking at Mahomes through last week, I was thinking if this guy stays healthy he might just surpass Brady in greatness, which is saying a lot.  And that may still be the case.  But I think cockiness, borne of his seeming invincibility, brought him down in the second half.  Several of the sacks were clearly his fault.  You're not always going to be able to run your way out of a sack and make a great play, which seemed to be the case vs, the Bills when he was just untouchable.

Always gotta remember these are very young guys.  Many "kids" their age and older are still living at home.


bub said:

Looking at Mahomes through last week, I was thinking if this guy stays healthy he might just surpass Brady in greatness, which is saying a lot.  And that may still be the case.  But I think cockiness, borne of his seeming invincibility, brought him down in the second half.  Several of the sacks were clearly his fault.  You're not always going to be able to run your way out of a sack and make a great play, which seemed to be the case vs, the Bills when he was just untouchable.

Always gotta remember these are very young guys.  Many "kids" their age and older are still living at home.

Some of his play in the second half was shocking.  Sometimes it's just better to throw the ball away.


bub said:

I though the Chiefs/Bills game was perhaps the greatest NFL playoff game I've ever seen.   QBs played like gods. 

I agree.  Chiefs/Bills game could be the greatest playoff game ever.


bub said:

Looking at Mahomes through last week, I was thinking if this guy stays healthy he might just surpass Brady in greatness, which is saying a lot.  And that may still be the case.  But I think cockiness, borne of his seeming invincibility, brought him down in the second half.  Several of the sacks were clearly his fault.  You're not always going to be able to run your way out of a sack and make a great play, which seemed to be the case vs, the Bills when he was just untouchable.

Always gotta remember these are very young guys.  Many "kids" their age and older are still living at home.

surpass Brady? Maybe if he wins another SB one day you can put him in the same class as Elway, But Brady????? Nope. 


Silly comment Red since I am talking about an uncertain future, not comparing them today.  If I just read the stats right, however, Mahomes has more passing yards and a higher QB rating than Brady did at the same point in his career.  Brady is the Gretsky of football.  It would be hard for anyone to do what he has done over the course of a career.  I just think Mahomes has that potential.  Odds are still against it. 


bub said:

Silly comment Red since I am talking about an uncertain future, not comparing them today.  If I just read the stats right, however, Mahomes has more passing yards and a higher QB rating than Brady did at the same point in his career.  Brady is the Gretsky of football.  It would be hard for anyone to do what he has done over the course of a career.  I just think Mahomes has that potential.  Odds are still against it. 

The worst thing you can ever do to an NFL QB is compare him to Brady. 


Redfruit said:

bub said:

Silly comment Red since I am talking about an uncertain future, not comparing them today.  If I just read the stats right, however, Mahomes has more passing yards and a higher QB rating than Brady did at the same point in his career.  Brady is the Gretsky of football.  It would be hard for anyone to do what he has done over the course of a career.  I just think Mahomes has that potential.  Odds are still against it. 

The worst thing you can ever do to an NFL QB is compare him to Brady. 

Reminds me of the kiss of death in the music business by being touted as the next Dylan.



bub said:

Redfruit said:

bub said:

Silly comment Red since I am talking about an uncertain future, not comparing them today.  If I just read the stats right, however, Mahomes has more passing yards and a higher QB rating than Brady did at the same point in his career.  Brady is the Gretsky of football.  It would be hard for anyone to do what he has done over the course of a career.  I just think Mahomes has that potential.  Odds are still against it. 

The worst thing you can ever do to an NFL QB is compare him to Brady. 

Reminds me of the kiss of death in the music business by being touted as the next Dylan.


Brady won 3 Super Bowls his first 4 years as the starter. That alone, gives him the leg up on Mahomes. Mahomes got to 2 and won 1, losing of course to Brady. The things Brady did, I mean even Peyton Manning can’t touch Brady. 


Relax, I'm with you.  I'm not saying Mahomes is comparable to Brady now based on 5 years of work  notwithstanding some impressive stats.  Mahomes would have to put in many years of stellar work to be truly compared to Brady.  As with all great team athletes, there are variables beyond his control - the team that surrounds him and the coaching etc.   An individual might have great talent but it is immensely difficult in this era for his team to dominate the way the Pats did for so many years.   


The only playoff game that I can remember being on par with the Chiefs-Bills game was the Miami-Oakland Sea of Hands game in '74 when Stabler thew a pass to Clarence Davis for a touchdown with time winding down.   


Life-long Rams fan.  Not convinced about Stafford.   Too many really poor choices, hence the high INT rate.  But they have some bona fide threats/stars on both sides of the ball.  And did the Rams get lucky that KC lost?    That’s the way I feel but time will tell.  

What an incredible playoff season it’s been.  Never remember one like it.  I hope the SB lives up to it. 



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business