MOL updates - please report issues here.

jamie said:

Drummerboy - I was able to recreate your issue - will look into this further - in the meantime, I'll PM you a workaround.

the workaround works. thanks.

I wonder if the problem only affects when you're searching for your own name?

Jamie, what happens when you put "jamie" in that box?

the_18th_letter said:

When video clips are posted only the left half shows. 

I'll look into this - I know it was mentioned once before - is this happening on Android?  I think on Iphone - it was half screen - but when turned landscape - it automatically goes full screen.

Using this as a test:

jamie said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

Drummerboy - I was able to recreate your issue - will look into this further - in the meantime, I'll PM you a workaround.

yes, I had mentioned this in my last post.  I'm trying to figure this one out.

oops. sorry.

jamie said:

I'll look into this - I know it was mentioned once before - is this happening on Android?  I think on Iphone - it was half screen - but when turned landscape - it automatically goes full screen.

Using this as a test:

Yes. I'm using android. In reply to your post I can't see what I'm typing as the video is covering the reply box. Rotating does help remove the video from covering the reply as well as showing full video. Rotating in the thread didnt show the whole screen of the test video. 

the_18th_letter said:

When video clips are posted only the left half shows. 

I saw that, but thought it was a problem with my phone not showing the full width!
The clips show up full screen when viewed on a (my) PC.

Still have the problem of random capital letters popping up — seems to happen after using delete 

Old manual typewriter exercises:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

Now is the time for all good men  to come  to the aid of their party.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Rats, typed them twice, and no caps!,

grrr

mtierney said:

Still have the problem of random capital letters popping up — seems to happen after using delete 

Old manual typewriter exercises:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

Now is the time for all good men  to come  to the aid of their party.

Rats, typed them twice, and no caps!,

grrr

I have no idea - if anyone else is experiencing this - let me know.  Do you see them in caps - but after you post they're lowercase?  

the_18th_letter said:

Yes. I'm using android. In reply to your post I can't see what I'm typing as the video is covering the reply box. Rotating does help remove the video from covering the reply as well as showing full video. Rotating in the thread didnt show the whole screen of the test video. 

How does this work for you?

This may have been reported before.  I only went back a couple of ages.  The site is incredibly slow on my iPhone.  For example, if you click More Conversations, it takes 10 - 15 seconds.  Just me?

jamie said:

I have no idea - if anyone else is experiencing this - let me know.  Do you see them in caps - but after you post they're lowercase?  

I mostly catch them before posting, and correct. But, in reading my posts,  do see caps randomly — ones I missed. I hate monkeying with settings, assuming I will mess up more.

You have a lot on your plate, so I will carry on. Thanks.

jeffl said:

This may have been reported before.  I only went back a couple of ages.  The site is incredibly slow on my iPhone.  For example, if you click More Conversations, it takes 10 - 15 seconds.  Just me?

You mean Return to Discussions?  I'll try to monitor things a bit.  It doesn't take that long on my iPhone.  I'll have my developers look at things when I can hire them back - this may be out of my programming ability.   We might need to archived some older discussions which would make some of the queries more manageable. 

jamie said:

How does this work for you?

That works! 

jamie said:

jeffl said:

You mean Return to Discussions?  I'll try to monitor things a bit.  It doesn't take that long on my iPhone.  I'll have my developers look at things when I can hire them back - this may be out of my programming ability.   We might need to archived some older discussions which would make some of the queries more manageable. 

Thanks, Jamie.  It's not a big enough deal to hire someone to investigate.

Jeff

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

This is fixed.  You should be able to type in your own username now:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/search/advanced

jamie said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

This is fixed.  You should be able to type in your own username now:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/search/advanced

yup. thanks much.

Jamie is there a reason I cannot upload an image from twitter but if I upload the same image to fb and then download it from my fb post it works?  The latest post in the current weather thread is an example.  Tried to load the image, downloaded from NWS twitter feed.  Got a confirmation from mol but after hitting reply, no image.  Then downloaded same image from my post on fb and that worked.

if you could - email it to me jamie@maplewoodonline.com

jamie -

Any way we could boost the edit control a bit? We could use a formatting button that either applies blockquote or maybe some other background color to selected text to help delineate when we're quoting from something like an article. It's something I frequently find myself wishing for in the political threads.

btw - good job on fixing the twitter thing. works all the time now.

I just tried to send a message to a long time poster through the MOL message function.  For some reason the recipient field did not recognize the person's user name (user has been active since May 14, 2001 and has made  26,563 comments between that date and the present).  Is there a workaround I can use to add her to a discussion I initiated with another poster?  I sent you a message through the message function supplying the person's user name since I would rather not state it publicly.  TIA.

This has been fixed.

When you type a recipient in a new message it only shows 10 results. What was happening is that the results display was ordered alphabetically.

For example, if you searched for 'mal' the results would show any user with mal in the name

amalsdds

bmalsdsd

dmale

Now the results would show 'mal' at the top of the list.

jamie said:

This has been fixed.

When you type a recipient in a new message it only shows 10 results. What was happening is that the results display was ordered alphabetically.

For example, if you searched for 'mal' the results would show any user with mal in the name

amalsdds

bmalsdsd

dmale

Now the results would show 'mal' at the top of the list.

Thank you.

hi jamie,

I haven't been able to reliably embed any tweets for a couple of days now. I'd say 3 out of 4 fail, even if I do nohero's trick of deleting any embedded  images.

here's some posts where the embed failed

link

link

hmm, I see properly embedded tweets with those links - can you post one that doesn't work here?

I do know that in some embeds twitter has some odd characters that seems to throw our script off somehow.  I'll try to show the fix if you can post a broken tweet here.

Thanks!

I see this in the first link of my previous post. Is this what you see? Because this is not a proper embed.

that's really weird - it initially displays like your screenshot - but then it loads like this:

What browser are you using?

weird.

Firefox. Let me try chrome

yup. it displays properly in chrome.

sheesh

jamie,

what does this one look like to you? It's not displaying correctly in chrome for me.

I removed the fox icon after shawn's name and it worked.  The special twitter emoticons are messing things up - I'll bring this up with the developers of the wysiwyg editor.

A friend who does publicity for the Maplewood Garden Club tried posting their event for this evening on the MOL calendar and received a message that the posting of the event had been denied with no reason given.  Her thread on the forum section was accepted with no problem.  Is this a problem with the calendar or was there some other reason why the garden club event could not be posted?  Can you please let her know.  She tells me that she left a phone message for you on your answering machine.  The event is this evening so it may be difficult to rectify the problem in time.  If it is a global problem, resolving it could help future MOL members who have events to share.  Thank you.

ETA: I was speaking with my friend further, it appears that the problem is that the garden club meeting is being held virtually. Thus there is no physical address. I seem remember that on the event form physical address is a required field. Would it be possible to revise this form during COVID to make "virtual" acceptable as an option? So few events are being held in person these days.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!