Men’s haircuts

It seems that the place I went to -Hair Core- has gone out.  The other place I went to raised their prices every time I went there.  I just want an old fashioned old-fart hair cut… at a reasonable price.  Last hair cut was Sept.  $16 at Hair Core.

Where do you go?  Price?

Thanks.


Apollo_T said:

It seems that the place I went to -Hair Core- has gone out.  The other place I went to raised their prices every time I went there.  I just want an old fashioned old-fart hair cut… at a reasonable price.  Last hair cut was Sept.  $16 at Hair Core.

Where do you go?  Price?

Thanks.

I've been going to Professional Hair for about 30 years. I think a men's cut is $20 or a bit less. They had been in Livingston Mall until recently and are now at 24 E Mt Pleasant Ave, Livingston, NJ 07039

(973) 994-2361

ETA: nope. $22 for a men's cut. Looks like prices got bumped with the move.


Even though Covid restrictions have been lifted (read:  limits on indoor gatherings), many places are simply set up to serve fewer customers simultaneously, so they have been forced to raise prices.

At Supercuts (if it is good enough for Rex Ryan, it is good enough for me) a senior mens haircut has gone from $16 3 years ago, to $23 now.


After Covid restrictions the 2 barbers I used changed to an online reservation system. By Wednesday evening all the early Saturday appts. are filled.  Coupled with the increased costs I've learned to cut my own hair well enough that I'm satisfied. 


the18thletter said:

After Covid restrictions the 2 barbers I used changed to an online reservation system. By Wednesday evening all the early Saturday appts. are filled.  Coupled with the increased costs I've learned to cut my own hair well enough that I'm satisfied. 

I'm a devoted DIY-er but I'm not sure I'd ever try that.


I like Village Barber in Maplewood Village.  $25


Just stay local, save on gas. With gas prices they way they are now, who wants to go driving any distance just for a haircut?


drummerboy said:

I'm a devoted DIY-er but I'm not sure I'd ever try that.

I had almost 2 years time of working from home to become decently proficient at my simple haircut. It was a perfect storm so to speak as I never considered or desired to cut my own hair. I've actually started tapering my temples as of late  blank stare


Another vote for Village Barber.  I tell them to cut it "summertime short."  



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals