Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Baty seems to be OK.  

bub said:

Baty seems to be OK.  

Curious to see how long they hang with Escobar. 

Just saw a Facebook video of Alvarez CRUSHING a HR to dead center into a tough wind in Syracuse.

I have been a fan of giving Escobar a chance, making the young guy bull his way in.  But someone needs to send a jolt to this offense.  There is no guarantee that Baty will hit, but benching a vet may be a warning to others.   

Soul_29 said:

We've got a couple of tickets left for our May 4 outing to the Baby Mets vs the Baby Bombers!

$50 includes Party Deck tickets and a nice spread. Food is served one-half hour before the scheduled game time (7 PM start) and ends one hour after the scheduled start of the game. A full bar with an assortment of bottled beer, wine, spirits, bottled water, soft pretzels, and popcorn is available for purchase. More details are here

Proceeds benefit the local non-profit Rent Party

Looks interesting. I see the price as $45 by the way under the "details" Is the $5 for the Elks?

wendy said:

Looks interesting. I see the price as $45 by the way under the "details" Is the $5 for the Elks?

Proceeds support Rent Party. 

Touchdown for Lindor last night. 

Not a crisp game on either side but Oakland really didn’t want to win. 

I keep reading articles about where the MLB should put new franchises.  Oakland could use one.  Their fans stayed through the end of that game.  They deserve better.

Nimmo is on pace for 30 steals. I'm thinking I'll be enjoying a burger by Memorial Day grin

DanDietrich said:

I keep reading articles about where the MLB should put new franchises.  Oakland could use one.  Their fans stayed through the end of that game.  They deserve better.

https://whitecleatbeat.com/posts/the-season-just-started-and-the-oakland-a-s-attendance-is-already-embarrassing-01gxca55xk93

Nice win. Apparently.

I hate West Coast road trips.

jimmurphy said:

Nice win. Apparently.

I hate West Coast road trips.

nice to see the team get some run support going for their starting pitcher.

Am I the only one that has a hard time watching Vogelbach hit? Even when he hits a HR. 

jfinnegan said:

Am I the only one that has a hard time watching Vogelbach hit? Even when he hits a HR. 

no. he's got a really ugly swing

I think Kershaw could pitch until he's 70 and the Mets still won't hit him.

Scherzer v Syndergaard today!

Could go either way.  Pretty similar seasons so far.  Scherzer has a better ERA but many more walks.

DanDietrich said:

Could go either way.  Pretty similar seasons so far.  Scherzer has a better ERA but many more walks.

Yeah, the walks and difficulty with two strikes are very un-Scherzer-like.

The Dodgers are home underdogs for the first time since 2018. That concerns me.

I feel like several of the so called better teams are still figuring it out this year, including both NY and LA.

Scherzer ejected.  Crap.

Yes.  Good game.  Good trip so far.  It's good to see Baty play solid defense.  

DanDietrich said:

Yes.  Good game.  Good trip so far.  It's good to see Baty play solid defense.  

Winning takes the pressure off the kids. 

Scherzer suspended 10 games. He will appeal.

He dropped the appeal because it is not an independent arbitrator, just an MLB hack.  No point.

I figured he would drop it after his next start. I guess they'll be ok if they score 9 runs every game. Their pitching in the minors is getting pretty thin. Whenever they show a highlight of Mauricio or Vientos hitting a HR the other team has 6 or 7 runs. 

jfinnegan said:

I figured he would drop it after his next start. I guess they'll be ok if they score 9 runs every game. Their pitching in the minors is getting pretty thin. Whenever they show a highlight of Mauricio or Vientos hitting a HR the other team has 6 or 7 runs. 

a lot of pitchers are going to rack up miles flying between Syracuse and various MLB cities. The way things are going this week anybody with options is going to be activated for a game, pitch 2-3 innings, and head back to AAA to be replaced by another fresh body.

We're up to 46 folks coming to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies vs Somerset Patriots Baseball outing on May 4. Baby Mets vs Baby Yankees! It's going to be a great night and I can get more tickets if needed, but I'd like to have everything locked down by April 26. 

$50 includes a Party Deck ticket and buffet and soft drinks. Food is served a one-half hour before scheduled game time and ends one hour after the game's scheduled start. The game time is 6:35 PM. It'll just be us on the Party Deck, with a private cash bar, and our own restrooms, with an incredible view of the park. All fans 21+ will have the chance to win $10,000 during the game! Presented by Heineken Silver. You also get 10% off in the gift shop that night. Proceeds support Rent Party. 

If you're interested in joining us, let me know. It's going to be an awesome night and it'd be nice to meet some of you in-person!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.