Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

best booth in baseball. I'm surprised it's for 3 years. I hope he had them add a driver in the contract. That's a long trip to the ballpark from Sag Harbor.

jfinnegan said:

I have to admit I wouldn't have minded if they played the Mets commercial at the end of every quarter in the Super Bowl. I wonder why Pete wasn't in it. 

it was shot it Port St. Lucie. So aside from Senga who appeared on Facetime, it only included players who were already in FL. The whole thing came together in a few weeks, so there wasn't much time to plan for other players to fly in.

I just figured Pete would be in it, because in the first commercial they have a desk for him. Doesn't he live in Florida? 

Soul_29 said:

Lots of reports that Keith is coming back!

I know I'm to be suspended for my unspoken internal thoughts. Just name the length, boss.

Train_of_Thought said:

Soul_29 said:

Lots of reports that Keith is coming back!

I know I'm to be suspended for my unspoken internal thoughts. Just name the length, boss.

if you are thinking what I'm thinking we can share a cell.

Degrom is being held out of first day of spring due to tightness in his side.

I'm happy I don't have to concern myself with his health updates every other day any longer. Probably due to the cold weather in Arizona. If only he was in Florida...

everybody needs 8 starters now.  

I just heard that Tim McCarver passed away at age 81. Sad.  I don’t see it posted anywhere so I can’t  provide a link. Maybe it’s wrong. 

True story. My parents were at a Broadway show, early to mid 80s. During intermission, my father encounters someone he recognizes as a celebrity.
NORMAN: "Hey excuse me, I know you."
PERSON: "Yes, I know you too."
NORMAN: "Ha, funny. No, seriously...you're definitely somebody."
PERSON: "I was thinking the same thing. You're definitely somebody."
NORMAN: "Come on, stop fooling around. I know I recognize you."
PERSON: "No really, I know I recognize YOU."
NORMAN: "Okay, okay. I'll bite. I'm Norman _______."
PERSON: "Nice to meet you Norman _______. I'm Tim McCarver."

DanDietrich said:

Degrom is being held out of first day of spring due to tightness in his side.

It's not spring training unless DeGrom has an injury.

Train_of_Thought said:

True story. My parents were at a Broadway show, early to mid 80s. During intermission, my father encounters someone he recognizes as a celebrity.
NORMAN: "Hey excuse me, I know you."
PERSON: "Yes, I know you too."
NORMAN: "Ha, funny. No, seriously...you're definitely somebody."
PERSON: "I was thinking the same thing. You're definitely somebody."
NORMAN: "Come on, stop fooling around. I know I recognize you."
PERSON: "No really, I know I recognize YOU."
NORMAN: "Okay, okay. I'll bite. I'm Norman _______."
PERSON: "Nice to meet you Norman _______. I'm Tim McCarver."

I hope that the Mets honor him with a patch on their uniforms.

My sister was at the Mets' spring training today. When she was leaving she saw Gary getting into his Ferrari and then while they were waiting on a line of cars to get out of the lot she saw Keith cutting across the lot in a Tesla. I recorded the game to see if I can see them in the stands. I told my nephew he should have worn one of the announcers' jerseys, not deGrom's.

This business with Diaz could be an absolute disaster.

DanDietrich said:

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but that looks like a season ending injury.

ml1 said:

DanDietrich said:

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but that looks like a season ending injury.

BREAKING: Edwin Díaz has a patellar tendon injury. He will have surgery this afternoon, per GM Billy Eppler. General recovery timeline is eight months. Best case: six months.

It's tough to put a positive spin on this. Taking a little comfort in the fact that the Mets have Dave Robertson and that they have improved in so many other facets. But this it tough. 

I have never liked the WBC and this makes me dislike it even more. Just cost Timmy Trumpet a lot of money in royalties. Who has to pay his contract? I assume the Mets had insurance on it, but MLB should have to pay for pushing this dumb tournament. 

I don't hate the tourney.  He could have done this in regular spring training.  The WBC gives young guys more reps in front of managers for evaluation.  

And it's a freak accident. Like Peterson breaking his foot walking. Or Jerry Blevins breaking his arm after slipping on a curb. 

Just don't let Ojeda near a hedge trimmer.

DanDietrich said:

Just don't let Ojeda near a hedge trimmer.

or a boat

DanDietrich said:

I don't hate the tourney.  He could have done this in regular spring training.  The WBC gives young guys more reps in front of managers for evaluation.  

I know the Mets were dumb a couple of years ago with Rojas and pretended to win the World Series, but I doubt the entire team would be jumping up and down celebrating a spring training win against the Nats.   

That's true, but it could have been anything.  Maybe slipping get out of a hot tub in the clubhouse, who knows.

All true, with one exception, in my mind. The players go from “tuning up” to intense competition overnight. I’d like to see it happen some other time.

And I’ll bring it up. Crazy to sign Matt Harvey to a minor league contract? I’d do it.

I'll give you the first paragraph, but not the second.  The whole plan is to bring youth in to eventually replace expensive free agents.  Don't give a minor league slot to a retread. We have three or four good starters waiting to shine.

DanDietrich said:

I'll give you the first paragraph, but not the second.  The whole plan is to bring youth in to eventually replace expensive free agents.  Don't give a minor league slot to a retread. We have three or four good starters waiting to shine.

Was thinking for the pen.

jimmurphy said:

All true, with one exception, in my mind. The players go from “tuning up” to intense competition overnight. I’d like to see it happen some other time.

And I’ll bring it up. Crazy to sign Matt Harvey to a minor league contract? I’d do it.

I'm not feeling it. 

Soul_29 said:

I'm not feeling it. 

Fair enough.

I think he deserves a flyer.  He did us a solid in '15,

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.