Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

I'm so misunderstood. :-( 

My friends have told me I have to go to bed early for the rest of the year.

What a great win last night.  Escobar with a career night at the plate.

This gives them a little more flexibility this weekend in Atlanta.

Escobar has driven in more runs than anyone else in the NL in September--except for Pete.  

That was a great win last night.  How does everyone now like the new rule starting a runner on 2nd base in extra innings?  Me, I still hate it, but I will take the win.

Note to Mr. Walker:  MLB hitters can turn around 95 mph pitches when they have no movement on them.

I admit that I had given up last night.  I'm very happy to be so wrong.  I will give myself credit for supporting Escobar all year, however.

mfpark said:
 How does everyone now like the new rule starting a runner on 2nd base in extra innings?  Me, I still hate it, but I will take the win.

I don't like it.

I like it when I can hand the ball to Diaz.  I would hate it if I had to hand the ball to almost anyone else.

About time on Alvarez. I know they won't play Nido for the next 6 games, but I prefer him to McCann. 

He won't be catching.  No way can they screw up the starter/catcher relationship.  He is here as a DH.

DanDietrich said:

He won't be catching.  No way can they screw up the starter/catcher relationship.  He is here as a DH.

Agreed. I meant I would like to see Nido catching the next 6 games, though I didn't write that too clearly. 

Ah, I get it.  I agree with you, but Buck can be stubborn about that.

It's all good, man. Scherzer and C-Bass time. Plus after, Bravos have to face Luzardo and then Alcantara trying to nail down the Cy Young on the final day of the season. We got this. The Magic is Back!!

Alvarez seemed to be trying for a 12 run home run in that last at bat.   If he had connected on that last swing the ball would have landed on Jupiter.

Tough loss.   Jake needs to stop giving up dingers.

I really don't expect much from Alvarez.  I'm just glad he is seeing major league pitching instead of Ruf, so at least there can be a long term benefit.  

So do you think that Ruf told them that he had a neck strain or did the Mets tell him that he seems to have one?

Your neck hurts, if you know what's good for you.

DanDietrich said:

Your neck hurts, if you know what's good for you.

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Jake's neck probably hurts too. I'm not so worried about him. After the first 2 HRs he made some adjustments. I've been wondering for awhile how he could dominate MLB hitters without ever pitching inside. Now we know that he knows he needs to claim the arm side of the plate too. 

I don't know why they moved up deGrom if he already had the blister issue going into the game. Why not give him a couple more days off? And last night was not the time to be experimenting with Megill. 

5-9 in the lineup doing nothing at all.

The Braves are out pitching the Mets.  They look like the better team.

Vogelbach could use a salad.  just sayin.

Sigh.  If only they had not been swept by the Cubs.

The Braves had two guys on their bench that would be hitting 5th for the Mets. That being said I thought Buck did a horrible job managing. Does he not realize that by pulling Vogelbach in the 5th and 6th inning you're going to end up having Alvarez facing a really tough righty later in the game? 

Stepping back and looking now near the end of the season it is remarkable how little production the Mets got from the DH position.  It seems like it would be easy to find an older competent hitter to play.  As it is, I think our pitchers could have done about as well as the DHs.  If I had my choice for the next three games and the playoffs I'd put Smith back in and just leave him there.  

Brutal weekend.  Braves simply outplayed the Mets in the most crucial series of the season.

In the last three games, I'd like to see the Mets reach 100 wins and get ready for the playoffs.  

The Braves are a very good team. The Mets are gonna win 100 games and I love our chances in the post-season. 

Tired of the "same old Mets" bull$hit. If you think that's the case you're not paying attention. This is a very good team, with a bright future. 

#lfgm

Soul_29 said:

The Braves are a very good team. The Mets are gonna win 100 games and I love our chances in the post-season. 

Tired of the "same old Mets" bull$hit. If you think that's the case you're not paying attention. This is a very good team, with a bright future. 

#lfgm

As the originator of this long running thread, thanks and I'll take that to the bank and sleep better tonight because of that. grin

The Mets gave me a couple of tickets for Wed afternoon at 4pm. Section 109. Should be pretty fun no matter the last few days.  We'll be sending the guys off to the postseason. 

If you're interested DM me. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.