Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

DanDietrich said:

If he ever gets on I'd use a relief pitcher as a pinch runner.

Even Showalter would be faster than Vogelbach, and that was true even before Vogelbach was injured.

Ruf can't even hit a sac fly with the bases loaded.

Two of three from the best team in baseball!

One of three from the best team in baseball.

grin

Gary seems to have picked up on a little pet peeve of mine, which is announcers calling every pitch on the sides of the strike zone as being on the "corner."  He's now saying "edge."  The strike zone has corners.  Call it on the corner when it is on the corner.   The middle of the "edge" is not a "corner."   It's between the corners.  It's geometry, people.

DanDietrich said:

If he ever gets on I'd use a relief pitcher as a pinch runner.

That pinch runner Gore was fast! He stole the base fairly easily and the catcher made a good throw. 

They're not going to have much bullpen tonight. Peterson for 5 or 6, WIlliams for 2 or 3  and Lugo to close it out.

Williams has been tremendous this year.  A major unsung hero.

Williams is rarely brought up in the Baez trade, but he has been valuable for them ever since they got him. And most guys would complain with the way he has been handled, but you never hear anything from him. 

Some players are smart about that.  Just doing his job, not a big star, but he's going to make some extra money because of that attitude.  People want guys like him on the team.

I looked up Williams to see his contract status. He's a free agent this off-season, so there will be demand for him around the league. I also discovered he professes to be a devout Catholic. Which is maybe why he looks like Jesus in a baseball uniform grin

Can we please get rid of Vogelbach now?    He is a liability on the bases.   

Bring up Dom.   Ruf.  Vogelbach.  Naquin.  None of them are any better than Dom.   

I agree.  Plus, do we need long political ads during ball games?  I enjoy baseball because it is pretty much the one place I can ignore politics.

This is another sloppy game.  They may yet win, but they are not bearing down at all.  They have not drawn out at bats and Peterson kept losing his focus.

LOL I didn't even notice the political ad.  Who was it for?

I am  fed up with all of the gambling ads and the pre-in-post game odds on whether player x is going to get a single tonight.   

Bases loaded.  No one out.  Vogelbach on third and we pinch run for him in the bottom of the 6th.

GET RID OF THE GUY.   

ETA: and we were winning 4-3.

The ad was a bunch of hard working folks complaining about forgiving college debt for students.  Pissed me off, because I couldn't ask them if they wrote off all of their equipment in one year or three years.

I totally missed that.    I must have completely zoned out.

They play Lindell’s “My Pillow” ads too. 

Tone deaf.

jimmurphy said:

They play Lindell’s “My Pillow” ads too. 

Tone deaf.

baseball audiences skew toward old white guys. This is who they think we are. And TBH it's generally true. That's what most old white guys are like. 

Well, that was a foul spectacle. 

I assume it was a one-off, but we cannot lose a Scherzer start, even a five-inning Scherzer start. This is particularly true when facing the vile and lowly Nats and their fickle, show-up-in-the-second-inning, put-it-on-the-lobbyist's-expense-account fan base. The team exists only so politicians and Beltway celebrities -- or "celebrities" -- can attend a game to perform a simulacrum of normal, American life before they return to besmirching democracy and licking up campaign contributions from dirty places.

In short, I do not like the Nats and the Mets should always beat them, in aeternam

Four hits won't do it. Infield pop ups don't help.  But lets win today.

ml1 said:

baseball audiences skew toward old white guys. This is who they think we are. And TBH it's generally true. That's what most old white guys are like. 

I understand that old white guys are baseball fans and more likely My Pillow targets, but you’d think that Cohen/SNY might draw a line regarding any association with Lindell and not take his ads.

jimmurphy said:

I understand that old white guys are baseball fans and more likely My Pillow targets, but you’d think that Cohen/SNY might draw a line regarding any association with Lindell and not take his ads.

The Wilpons still own SNY

The pillow guy is a nut job, but at least he is hawking a product. The ad I was talking about was purely political.

Sweet jeebus, no hitting and no pitching.  

That's the way the Cookie crumbles.

Not just on him.  They made Nationals pitching look great.

Oh, I know. I just couldn't resist it. McNeill has made a couple of out-of-character errors, but I'm sure he's beating himself up more than anyone else could. Vogelbach is looking none too impressive, though I do enjoy the rare occasions when we get to watch him run.  In general, I really, really want to see Guillorme back. We need a spark plug. The Troll of the Third Base Line could be it. 

ml1 said:

The Wilpons still own SNY

I thought that might be the case, but poor judgment regardless of ownership.

DanDietrich said:

Not just on him.  They made Nationals pitching look great.

The Nats are playing up lately.  They put a whooping on a good Cardinals team yesterday.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!