Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Mets are sucking big time these days. Sheesh.....

A disappointing weekend at the Ted. Felt like 1998 all over again - just needed a Rocker showing. But the ump's call on Saturday infuriated me.

What call? Couldn't be the Valdespin trap, 'cause that was correct.

wendy said:

Mets are sucking big time these days. Sheesh.....

Yes. Right on schedule too.

We're going to be OK ...

Soul_29 said:

We're going to be OK ...

They have bounced back, this season, when this has happened. After the Yankee sweep they did the same to the Jays. This weekend's sweep still is troubling because twice the 'pen couldn't hold a lead.

Worst. Bullpen. In. The. Majors!

Harvey's coming ... Uncle Sandy was in Buffalo tonight ... Harvey pitched well.

Screw the Yankee$$$$$

sbenois said:

Screw the Yankee$$$$$

Screw them.

Ecstasy and agony!

Valdespin ties it in the 9th pinch hitting for Bay. Beato wild pitch in bottom of the 10th costs the Mets the game.

Don't get me started.

What was Beato thinking (or Thole if he was calling the pitches)??? Each curve was more extreme than the one before. It's like you could see this coming.

I was never so glad to watch mostly ridiculous and sexist in a funny way Boomer and Carten on MSG today discussing mostly Lin's deal (or non-deal rather) with the Knicks rather than watching fast-forward or anything on SNY. Anyone hear Alderson on the FAN yesterday with Mike F. (who really does do a good interview I must say) who said that they have mobilized ALL their scouts to look for pitching? Based on his last choices, I hope he has improved his scouting caliber or made changes in the ones he should listen to.

wharfrat: "Worst. Bullpen. In. The. Majors!" You bet.

"Anyone hear Alderson on the FAN yesterday with Mike F. (who really does do a good interview I must say) who said that they have mobilized ALL their scouts to look for pitching?"

They are looking for pitchers who have an upside/track record of success and are performing poorly this season, because if the Mets trade for them it won't cost the team their top prospects. To me this sounds exactly like the plan they have followed since at least 2010. This means there is no relief in sight for a bullpen that leads the majors in blown saves. If the 'pen preserved half of their 8th and 9th inning leads, the team would have seven more wins and would be in first place with a 3 game lead.

Horrible loss last night...looking on the bright side, I so admire the team's fighting spirit. Hopefully, good pitching relief will arrive soon.

Shouldn't the scouts be "mobilized" at all times? Isn't this the definition of scouting? Why are they waiting until there is a problem?
They should have an ongoing list of potential targets. This is what professional organizations do if they want to succeed.

hans said:

Shouldn't the scouts be "mobilized" at all times? Isn't this the definition of scouting? Why are they waiting until there is a problem?
They should have an ongoing list of potential targets. This is what professional organizations do if they want to succeed.

Some days they just hang-out by the water cooler ...

hans said:

Mobilized to scout out the pros only and not have some scouts scout colleges, high schools as many do.

Even Dickey has succumbed to the suckiness that is the Mets these days. Comes into relief in the ninth with Mets down just one run, and gives up a two run homer to Uribe, batting below the Mendoza line but who drove in half the Dodger 8 runs today. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh.

wendy said:

Even Dickey has succumbed to the suckiness that is the Mets these days. Comes into relief in the ninth with Mets down just one run, and gives up a two run homer to Uribe, batting below the Mendoza line but who drove in half the Dodger 8 runs today. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh.

What does it tell you about the current state of Mets pitching when Collins has to bring in his best starting pitcher to pitch in relief? Not like it's game 7 of the 2012 World Series.

Train_of_Thought said:

Ugh.

Can it get much worse?!

wharfrat said:

Train_of_Thought said:

Ugh.

Can it get much worse?!

Being there indeed made it worse, btw.

Hey, you could be Houston Astro or Chicago Cubs fans. Cheer up.

it's hard to cheer up when the season crashed and burned so quickly. I didn't really expect this team to go to the postseason, but I didn't expect it to implode in a week and half either. now they're in the position of having to go on a hot streak just to get back to anything approaching contention. it's possible, but with Santana and Gee on the DL, and the bullpen as lousy as ever, it's had to see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, what ml1 said ... I didn't watch any of the games this weekend ... Why can't the fricking season end at the All-Star break??

This is not 20/20 hindsight -- I agreed with it the instant Keith Hernandez made the point. Knowing that DeRosa was only up there to bunt, with Lombardozzi and Harper coming up next, WHY REMOVE LEFTY BYRDAK FOR RIGHTY BEATO????? Yes, I know Tejada shouldn't have dropped the DP ball before that, but I put this largely on Terry Collins.

And, regardless of what they're paying him, at what point do the Mets finally face reality with Jason Bay? Honestly, was there a person alive who thought there was even the slightest possibility that he would drive home the winning run from scoring position with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th?

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

"ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Damn right.
Gallows humor time--I'm convinced that if the Mets signed Tug McGraw to a minimum contract for the rest of the season he would be the best lefty in the bullpen.

Matt Harvey throws way harder than I realized. Can't tell yet if it's flat or got any life, but it sure looks good on the gun.

RBIs by guys in tonight's game named Jason: Kubel 72, Bay 8.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.