Inconsequential Chat

Today I learned about the existence of the Comiclopedia

Oy gevaldt!  What an experience last night! I hate to say this about a local restaurant but people deserve to know.

** Be aware ** I ordered Chinese last night (I won't name them, just DM if you want the name) picked it up and as I was driving home, I heard one of the bags rustling and moving!!! I thought what the hell is that? 

Has something got in the bag? I thought I could see a little pair of eyes peering out while I was driving so I leaned forward, picked up the bag, put it on the passenger seat and there it was again, more rustling and little eyes looking out from behind the egg rolls.

At that point I pulled over, didn't even get out of the parking lot. I thought it had to be a lizard or a mouse or something, so I carefully pulled the bag down ... 

And there it was ... ... 

A Peking Duck!!!

Speaking of food .. here's a morsel for thought:

Groanworthy?   Dad joke?  Bad pun?  Good pun?

All of the above?

What's the difference between a bad pun and a good pun?

The answer depends on the I of the beholder.

I save the cardboard dividers out of the boxes of tea bags - they're just the right size and do the job nicely.

And, apart from losing my spot, it doesn't matter if I lose one as there are plenty more to be found.

Thank you for your support.  I shall wear it always.

marksierra said:

Thank you for your support.  I shall wear it always.

yes…fuh cough!! smile

When promises don't turn out the way you'd hoped.

He's quite a prolific author.

marksierra said:

I found his use of the term "North American" curious. Are the Mexicans sneaking in a few zs that we haven't heard about?  I think there is only one country at the centre of all this.

GoSlugs said:

marksierra said:

I found his use of the term "North American" curious. Are the Mexicans sneaking in a few zs that we haven't heard about?  I think there is only one country at the centre of all this.

Quite likely.

As I was doing some research on it, I came upon this little gem ...

The RAE, mentioned above, is the Real Academia Española - the Royal Spanish Academy, whose function it is to ensure the stability of the Spanish language.

https://www.rae.es/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Spanish_Academy

Reverse engineering at its finest.

Stolen from social media.

The author, Brian Bilston, explains:

IMAGE DESCRIPTION

Each line of the poem comprises the same number of words to be found in the Fibonacci sequence: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21.
This results in each line become increasingly crowded and cramped as the poem goes on.

I'm not normally a watcher of this program, but this performance was recommended to me.

He's good!  

https://youtu.be/5_KcQt0z-eE

Australian farmed animals are so versatile...

Lost in translation... or, unintended consequences?

The map of the world, from a fish perspective

This might even be topical, depending on the result

^^^ ^^^ ^^^  See number 6 ^^^

England is through to the quarter finals!

They're up against their arch-rivals, France.

I expect we'll see plenty of (friendly?) anti-French or anti-English jokes and memes in the next few days.

marksierra said:

This might even be topical, depending on the result

I understand the purpose of this thread, but it still bears pointing out that #6 is the only one that might be true...

Speaking of things that may or may not be true ... apparently, so the story goes, in the 1960s, when British anti-smut campaigner Mary Whitehouse set up her organisation to get the filth off TV, she originally called it Clean Up National Television.....until it was pointed out to her what the acronym would be.

marksierra said:

Speaking of things that may or may not be true ... apparently, so the story goes, in the 1960s, when British anti-smut campaigner Mary Whitehouse set up her organisation to get the filth off TV, she originally called it Clean Up National Television.....until it was pointed out to her what the acronym would be.

I think stories like these are why Al Gore invented the word apocryphal. 

The expression "Mad dogs and Englishmen" comes to mind here.

If you've ever wondered what a piano sounds like when its played under water, then watch and find out!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!