All Things Halloween

bettyd said:
As to horror movies, what about Horror Hotel?
Anyone remember watching Creature Feature on Saturday nights?

What year was that? I dug up this about horror host Zacherley who apparently just died at 98,

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/john-zacherle-dead-horror-show-host-was-98-1.12521108

Zacherley was fun. I remember him doing actual brain surgery on television, right before our very eyes. 

Someone said it was a cabbage but I saw it. It was real.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:
Zacherley was fun. I remember him doing actual brain surgery on television, right before our very eyes. 

Someone said it was a cabbage but I saw it. It was real.

Yes! Those non believers! Tried to convince me it was cauliflower.

From an article Cauliflower Festival in Margaretville

Fans of the 1960s TV vampire Zacherley may fondly remember the Chiller Theater host performing simulated brain surgery with a cleaver on an unfortunate cauliflower in between movie segments, but many kids who grew up in that era of canned or overboiled veggies still think of it merely as one of their least-favorite foods.

More on Zach

http://www.chillertheatre.com/zach/bio/zach5.htm

Morganna said:

GoSlugs said:
Atlas Obscura: Allow These 32 Slumping Pumpkins to Ease Your November Blues
 Great site! https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/watch-people-carve-and-compete-in-these-epic-pumpkin-boat-races

We visited the Dill Farm where the world's largest pumpkins are grown in Nova Scotia. If you go stay at the Clockmaker's B&B across the road.

mrincredible said:

Morganna said:

GoSlugs said:
Atlas Obscura: Allow These 32 Slumping Pumpkins to Ease Your November Blues
 Great site! https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/watch-people-carve-and-compete-in-these-epic-pumpkin-boat-races
 We visited the Dill Farm where the world's largest pumpkins are grown in Nova Scotia. If you go stay at the Clockmaker's B&B across the road.

Only 31 shopping days 'till Halloween.

How's this for a costume?

Oof. They say tragedy + time = humor. 

We were just up in Boston where we heard the story of Ann Glover. One of Cotton Mather's first victims in the witch trials in Massachussetts. Pretty awful times.

Hard to chuckle at that, but it is clever.

mrincredible said:

Oof. They say tragedy + time = humor. 

We were just up in Boston where we heard the story of Ann Glover. One of Cotton Mather's first victims in the witch trials in Massachussetts. Pretty awful times.

Hard to chuckle at that, but it is clever.

Well seems like Halloween Is the time for dark humor. Think of the Mexican Day of the Dead with sweets in the shape of skeletons and skeleton Mariachis. I think that's why I love the holiday. We get to chase away our fears with laughter.

I visited Salem and enjoyed the reenactment of the witch trials.

With the word witch hunt being used daily, I hope it takes some of the sting out of the truth.

Is it too soon to carve a pumpkin?

Neiman Marcus had a selection of Halloween figures. For those with disposable income, there is Griselda the Witch at $305

I like this little cat at only $20.

In case you're wondering I'm going as a killjoy this Halloween.

mrincredible said:

In case you're wondering I'm going as a killjoy this Halloween.

LOL, How does one outfit for that character?

Martha Stewart always has her unique way of making Halloween Martha Stewarty. I'm a big fan and bought several packets of her black silhouette mice and ravens. Here are a couple of easy DIY ways to decorate your staircase. I personally see nothing spooky about mice but apparently Martha does.

25 days away & counting...

-s.

.Haunted House attraction Brighton Asylum

Must ... restrain ... killjoy ... urges ...

mrincredible said:

Must ... restrain ... killjoy ... urges ...

OK, let's hear it. You don't like haunted houses? Give me a decent reason and I'll delete it. 

Lol.

Haunted asylums. Stigmatization of mental illness!

Don't listen to me.

I'll knock it off.

Morganna said:

Sigh. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.